It's another year and Singapore is turning 47th tomorrow! In lieu of this, most school celebrate this joyous occasion with National Day Parade and line up interesting performances for us. Out of 4 years in Unity, I have only witness school NDP twice only! First was during sec1 when Scout was selected as Guard of Honor and sec1s weren't required. And the second is today! Understand the hardship and sweat the contingent would probably go through rehearsing just for today, I was anticipating something fresh or similar to the past 2 years I'm taught to.
Yet, the contingent march is just mediocre.
Yet, the contingent march is just mediocre.
Even my fellow classmates agree that this year's is boring. Perhaps because there's lack of familiarity with the participants in the contingent which made them feel this. There's no formation of anything related to this occasion unlike the past 2 years. Meh.
Maybe NPCC Ma'm should continue be the coordinator !
Toys contingent.
Performances in hall is rather good, especially when teachers dance together.
Make a long yet occupied journey to Novena to indulge in some meat buffet ^-^.
Ssikkek Korean Grill BBQ (Novena Ville), opposite a church.
Prices are $12+ for weekday lunch.
A few mins walk from Novena MRT to enjoy the juicy food.
Prices are $12+ for weekday lunch.
A few mins walk from Novena MRT to enjoy the juicy food.
I'm taken aback by the large group of crowd that we see today. The previous time I went was with my primary school mates and the crowd wasn't anything like today! 15mins before the opening hours, there's already 20 people queuing up to enter the not-so-spacious korean bbq shop, which made us the 25th in queue. During our wait, more and more hungry souls queued behind us and the queue look as if it's the length of a MRT Train!! No joke.
Being a Singaporean, kiasuism is in our blood. We take no further delay and grab as much meats that our plate could hold and wiggle our body out of the crowd that are doing the same as well. The place to grab the food is quite cramp and human jam could occur easily anytime.
In the first few mins, there's practically no space to move into the pack of sardines.
Nevertheless, we manage to get our share of meat and let the fun begin!
And much more gore meat on the pan. *sizzles*
I was quite dumb to scoop this large portion of rice but I manage to finish all, simply because it's too nice not to put it in your mouth. Really !!
Of course, who wouldn't try out this cabbage wrap!
Well, I got kinda get sick of it after stuffing 3-4 mouthful of these.
Sweet Rice Wine Drink.
The previous time I patronised, there're spicy rice cakes and it taste so chewy delicious marvellous. We are quite disappointed to know that there's no availability of the rice cakes for today :(. But, the squid is new to me.
Chewy *nom nom*
Spend approx 2h30min in this shop.
Even though it's full house, we receive good services from the helpers. Definitely a good place to chill out and stuff meats into each other mouth. (thats what we do)
Even though it's full house, we receive good services from the helpers. Definitely a good place to chill out and stuff meats into each other mouth. (thats what we do)
Cheese for camera !
And outside too!
Head to Bugis Street next! The last time I enter that place was when I'm working. Past by my ex-workplace and nothing much change. Just that all the part timers I don't know at all. There goes my free crepe :(.
What a great day to pamper ourselves after studying so much. After this, going to really buck up for upcoming prelims. I cannot be complacent at all! I CANT AFFORD TO BE RIGHT.
5days more to release of Chinese O's Result. Can't wait for the day !!!
Cheers d:




No comments:
Post a Comment