Sunday, July 22, 2012

Race Against Cancer, Running for a cause Day!




It's the day ! The day where it make me start jogging around my neighbourhood, my virgin running in marathon is gone and caused me unable to indulge in McSpicy for at least a week(currently mcdonal promotion mcspicy $3 only, AND IT EXPIRES TODAY GAHH :C )

Yes, it's RAC, Race Against Cancer today which is hold at East Coast Park !!

Wake up at an unearthly hour where most people are supposed to be in deep sleep and make my way to meet them. It's definitely not a good experience that the taxi uncle misunderstood what I was saying to him on the phone and is late for 15mins or so -.-. Why couldn't he send a confirmation text to me? I have been worrying from the day I booked the cab that he will mis-listen the dates and timing that I said thus I kept on repeating it and he was agreeing to it. In the end on the actual day, shit happens. Thank goodness we aren't late ! So taxi uncle, I ... don't really forgive you yet lol.


10km runners with number tag.

5km runners with NOTHING :(.

Deposit bags, warm up, and run !
It was relatively relax and motivating to run with a large group of people & friends! Partially my success for today is due to training for this before hand. Checking back, I took 34mins to run 4.6km. And now .... See improvement :) !

Personal best : 34mins too ! Distance 5km yay.

Participants !


Less sugar red bull still taste extremely sweet.


Mango Pamelo after the run as I wasn't that hungry.
My stomach is bloated with water, sport drink, redbull, yakult and banana.
$2.50 for a extremely foul sour pamelo taste and ice-less dessert. TOTALLY NOT WORTH.

At that time, the name LaoBanTaoHuey came to my head and I recall checking online that the location of the shop is somewhere near our vicinity! So only 3 of us are interested in having them and we go and pursue it.

My mom once tell me that there's a newly open franchise at Raffles Place. To our dismay, raffles place shopping malls are all close during Sunday!! This is really a shock for me cause I have never enter a mall that is not open at noon time. 走了冤枉路 T_T

However we did not give up! Surviving with less than 20% battery, I manage to find to located of the next nearest and sure open franchise, and it happen to be at the old airport road which is the main branch too. Located at Datoka, we travel back to the direction of where we come from lol.

Thinking that there will be a sure long queue, we are prepare to stand for a long time to purchase our bowls of Taohuey. Guess what? Luck is on our side! The shop open at 1pm on Sunday and we reach there approx 1pm too! Feeling of being first few in queue for a renowned shop is WHEEEE.

Lao Ban Soya Beancurd (Old Airport Road)
Price soar from $1.20 to $1.50!!!

Two shops away from the shop, there's rivalry going on. Buy 1 get 1 free for Taohuey! No wonder there's queue for that shop too. But since my main mission is to try LaoBan, so I resist the promotion that they offered :(.

One does not simply buy 1 bowl of LaoBan Soya Beancurd. So, I bought 10 of them !! 5 for relative, and 5 for family. Yes, I know I'm a good boy ^^.

Satisfied us with our buys :).


Spotted two dead cockroach at different MRT Station separately. How hygienic.




Great Sunday Spent ! Time to rest my aching legs.

2 comments: