Monday, June 11, 2012

Making a difference

Today while I'm having toasted tuna bread for breakfast and flipping through the papers, I come across an article about someone who was diagnose with leukemia in age of 13 (thats puberty stage and he has to go through such pain ?!) and eventually brave through the war with cancer. Now he's even about to serve the nation. I'm happy for his tough perseverance throughout that 7years of darkness of his life. However, I'm delight to know that there's still some kind souls out there willing to donate blood.

In fact I always want to do something for the less fortunate, the sick, the homeless. But always afraid the action I do will be too minute to be felt by them. I recall is it sec2 or sec3, Woodlands MRT Station was pasted with Blood Donation Drive posters, encourage people to donate. Back then I wasn't of legal age. And also if you have watch 'We Got Married, Yongseo Couple' they two also went for blood donation together! This eagerness in donating blood is on off in me. Well according to the papers today, min age requirement is 16! Do I have to be really 16 to donate my blood? If I'm eligible, I will sure go as frequently as recommended by the nurses there.

For those who is interested and I really hope you are, kindly click here and spread the news !
O+ and A+ blood is really in need of you ! There's total 2 blood donations location.
BloodBank @ HSA, or
BloodBank @ Woodlands (YES NEAR ME)



Another event that I will like to share is the upcoming race against cancer run at East Coast Park. I know there's one at Jurong Lake however I guess is too late to participate, unless you are willing to pay extra cash. I'm just a average student which doesn't have extra income except from parents!

This event is from a friend who shared with me and I may participate even though I HATE RUNNING ZOMGGGG. But well if it really make a difference, why not! But currently finding lobangs to take part in this!

Do share this on your social platform and blood donation too !!

OR ELSE, MAY SHE FIND YOU...
So do share with your family, friends, lover, enemies okay ^^?


Then she will find you :).

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment